Call for Residences 2015
La Caldera Les Corts opens call for it's residency program for the period June-December 2015.
In October 2015 there will be new call for residences 2016 with new lines for co-production, technical etc.
2015 is a transition for us since we just barely landed at a new building, and old cinema house of 1.600m2 that we are in the process of re adapting to make it into a new public creation and in the near future also a possible exhibition center. This is a new public creation center that forms part of the creation center's net promoted by the city of Barcelona and called “Fàbriques de creació”. It's currently directed and administered by the production and artistic team of the original project of La Caldera created in 1995 as an independent project by a group of artist related to dance and the scenic arts at an old belt factory in at the village of Gracia in Barcelona City.
As we are still finishing adaptation of the new space at the new headquarters of La Caldera Les Corts, for this year we can only offer creation residencies with only rehearsal space.
For next year's project will open a new call in October with different residences profiles such as co-production, technical etc.
FOR WHOM: scenic artists, national and international, of different ages and trajectories who would like to work at our new center between June and December 2015.
WHAT'S THE DEAL:
• The Caldera Les Corts has three rehearsal rooms, one of 220 m2, 125 m2 and 300 m2, meeting spaces, bar, resting facilities
• The selected residences are free of payment and will be held in the period agreed between the artist and the center according to the needs of the project.
• La Caldera residences are chosen for their artistic interest and their viability and our own capacity.
Selection commission: will be composed by a professional panel of 7 scenic experts ( artists, producers, programmers,etc) from various disciplines and artistic profiles from the current scene. Their names will be made public after 1 month of the resolution)
WHAT KIND OF PROJECTS ARE ACCEPTED OR ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
• Projects in which the body and movement are a central landmark or point of interest, departure
• Projects that are new or that already in process; projects at different stages of creation process
• The application is not divided in different modalities of residences, the projects will be chosen according to the interest of the proposal
• Each project will be studied individually and conditions and needs will be discussed directly between the artist and the center
• After reading the proposals a first cut will be made. Selected written projects will have a personal interview with the selection panel to make the final choices. This meeting can be personal or via Skype
• The chosen projects will have to do some kind of public presentation and will have o be involved at least one activity of the center, to be agreed between the artist and the center and reflected on the conditions agreement that will by signed between the artist and the center
• The projects chosen in residence will have a specific follow-up, to be negotiated between the artist and La Caldera
TO BE A RESIDENT ARTIST AT LA CALDERA WILL IMPLAY A COMPROMISE TO BE ACTIVILY ENGAGED IN THE PROJECT (IN THE DOING OR THE THINKING)
DURING YOUR RESIDENCY TIME AND DURING THAT WHOLE YEAR THAT YOU ARE ARTIST IN RESIDENCY AT OUR CENTER YOU WILL COMPROMISE TO BE ACTIVE AND WILLING TO PARTICIPATE EVEN FOR THE DISTANCE AND BE ACTIVE PART OF OUR ARTISTIC COMMUNITY
To all chosen residents la caldera can offer:
# 50% discount to participate in labs and courses
# Option to participate in any activities, exchange projects and collaborations that La Caldera generates
# Option to participate AND OFFER training classes, creation labs or artistic meetings around a given topic
# To generate an action to be defined between the artist and la caldera besides your specific artistic project to get in touch either with the neighborhood community, city community or artist community of Barcelona. This action can come proposed by the artist or by La Caldera
# Letter of commitment from La Caldera for other grants , etc.
# Communication of your activities and projects during your period as a caldera artist in residency
# Meeting points: commitment to open and share your ideas and working process to other artists in residence at La Caldera and from the city
# Meeting point with non professionals and with the public if required as well as with communication mediums
# Possibility to participate or give advice to other artist in residency if required and agreed upon
# Support in some specific eventualities
# Obligation to add La Caldera logo in all communication mediums, grants, theater presentations, web etc.
This call is directed to individuals and legal entities.
To participate in this call you will need to complete the attached form, respecting the giving spaces for the spaces and submit it with all documentation required by e-mail to email@example.com, deadline 21ST MAY, till 00.00hours
Documents to submit:
# Filled form Download here
# Description of the project to be carried out: brief summary of the idea or proposal, starting point and motivation [minimum 1 page and maximum 3 pages]
# Fragments of videos of previous work or work in process , in the case this applies
# Desired Calendar of work
# Artistic team and production team, in such case, with CVS of participants: more relevant features (formation and and professional experience.) [Max 1/2 page per person]
# Specify other centers, spaces, artists who supported previously or are supporting the project you present us now
# Indicate if you have any co-production or public support form any country, space, program
# Portrait photo of the applicant artist
Some of the assessment criteria:
• Artistic interest of the proposal or the elements conforming it either in content, form of presentation, approach o the subject etc. in relation to the current context of the contemporary performing arts scene
• Clarity of the proposal, viability and calendar planning, consistency of the whole of project.
• That the proposal contains some innovative element either in it's approach, conception, format, language, reflection, exploration of the proposed theme, relation to the audience , to the community etc.
• Bonding with the actual social and artistic context and possible relations if it proceeds to other artistic disciplines in the field of the contemporary performing arts.
• Artistic projects or actions with a special interest to work from, with, for specific social collectives or social groups at risk of social exclusion
Period of receipt of projects and resolutions:
The deadline for receipt of projects ranges from 21st April to 21st May 2015 at 00.00h
First selection from written proposals will be published on 28th May on La Caldera website and through social media. Selected projects will be called to make personal interview either in person or via Skype before June 3Th. Final selected artist in residency 2015 will be published on 4th June 2015.
Services included in the residence:
Cleaning of spaces, showers, heating
Possibility of use of meetings and shared office space
Possibility of use of space for rest and timely accommodation depending on availability of the center
Visibility and dissemination through various channels of communication of the center
La Caldera Les Corts
phone +34 934156851